The next Honda Challenge race is in September, so I have time to make the repairs to the car that are needed. The Gauges where something to do while I waited for the new drive shafts to arrive.
The Install was not hard but did not go as planned. I didn’t find any webpages with details about how to install and wire the gauges. I would hope my blog makes it easy for the next person that wants to do this.
I used the radio connection to get my power, ground, and accessory connections . The ground for the gauges wires where wired to the black wire in the connection. The power was connected to the yellow/red wire in the #5 position on the connector. The accessory wire was spliced to the yellow green wire. I found these to be different to previous years and something Honda must have changed later in production.
When it came time to put together the sandwich plate I used a Blox model. The color was all they had in stock. On the GSR model of Integra there is a factory oil cooler, LS models do not have these and so this sandwich was bolting directly to the block. I don’t think anyone races LS powered cars cause this was not as easy as it seems.
This is a picture of the bracket that holds the intake manifold to the block. The large cylinder on the picture of the sandwich plate is the pressure sensor. The sensor made it very hard to get a good seal to the block because the sandwich plate is not thick enough to clear most of the support webbing the block has. The Bracket was removed to get the plate aligned to the only place the sensor would clear. I know Honda put this bracket there for a reason. I plan to have a lighter intake that will no longer need it.
I made a custom block off plate for the clock. The Type R model has a block off plate on it, and it costs $65 from importers. I made this from a scrap piece of carbon fiber. The cost of the whole 12×12 piece was $35, and i think mine looks a lot better. Shame it’s covered by the gauges.
I keep an eye open for leaks and haven’t spotted any yet. The runs up and down the street haven’t showed any faults, but I’ll have to wait to I go to the track to really test it. The drive shafts arrived yesterday and I need to get a few tools to remove the old ones. The work should start this weekend.